COSAC – an innovative, work-focused training academy based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
COSAC is an innovative, work-focused training academy in Cheshire. Not only do we have a state of the art Smart Meter Training facility and we are delivering our best in class Smart Meter Installation programmes. We are the first company to develop an online course approved by CSCS as an alternative course for the Green Labourer Card – Safe2Site. We also offer a variety of compliance training, we are a centre for CITB Site Safety Plus, offering both SSSTS and SMSTS courses as well a range of online courses.
Andy Mason CBE
I am privileged to be the Academy Director, which means everyone else gets to do all of the hard work! My role in the team is the bloke that steers the ship. Unlike some of the specialists on the team, I have done some varied and different things in my career, running an Ebola Treatment Centre in Sierra Leone being but one of them.
I am responsible for the facility, the processes supporting training and future business development. I have years of experience, a passion for adult education and a commitment to quality of provision for all. My role in the team is to consolidate activities in a coherent, business focused manner, improve processes and ensure contractual and legal compliance.
eLearning & Communications Manager
I take care of everything online, so whether that’s an eLearning course, something on the website or posts on social media then I’m responsible. Delivering the best customer service is my priority and I do this by keeping things as simple and as easy as possible. Within the team, I’m the person who deals with customer communications and often anything a bit technical!
Reports to Academy Manager
To deliver health and safety courses, principally within the CITB Site Safety Plus Suite of qualifications including SSSTS and SMSTS.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of work within construction or closely related industry at a supervisory level
- Experience of on-site mentoring, delivery of toolbox talks advantageous
- NEBOSH Construction or equivalent qualification
- Teaching and/or Assessment qualification preferred
Scope of the Role
- First class delivery of taught sessions
- Course preparation in line with schemes of work and session plans
- Produce high quality resources to be used in delivery
- Marking and assessment of competence
- Administrative tasks associated with the delivery of the training courses
- Provision of market information, providing input into programme development where appropriate
- Team player
- Flexible, dynamic and enthusiastic to all elements of the role
- Innovative and proactive
- Professional and a good communicator
- Able to act on own initiative within the parameters of the post
All duties must be carried out in line with all COSAC Values and Standards, particularly the Training Policy.
Delivery of Courses
- Adopt and use schemes of work, session plans and teaching materials that meet the requirements of the qualification and the Awarding Body.
- Ensure all teaching resources are well presented, of high quality, accurate and fit for purpose
- Ensure all students receive a thorough induction at the beginning of their course of study
- Ensure that all students individual needs are met, providing additional support as required
- Provide feedback to students in a manner that encourages, motivates and builds confidence
- Provide each student with outstanding customer service
- Ensure that sessions are delivered on time, to standard and meet the requirements of the students and awarding bodies
- Complete candidate records in line with Awarding Body and internal audit requirements
- Undertake health and safety checks for candidates as required
- Ensure Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding and Health and Safety requirements are fully met
- Organise the learning environment to promote effectiveness and productivity
- Liaise with Facilities co-ordinator to ensure training rooms are well presented, functional and that refreshments and lunch is provided at suitable time and in an appropriate manner
- Participate in and support quality assurance, continuous improvement, including self-assessment process
- Maintain a knowledge of COSAC products and promote COSAC to employers and partners
COSAC proudly sponsors Safe4Kids, an organisation committed to helping keep our children safer in today’s modern world.